Thursday 17 May 2012

Photography workshops

Hello again - its almost the end of another week and Summer is still trying to make an entrance! A bit of a different post for you this evening - I wanted to let you know a little more about the Photography Workshops that I have run over the past few months and also to update you on what I have planned.


The workshops started after a groups of likeminded photographers wanted to get together and just practice their skills, learn some new skills and generally just get out and shoot! The size of the groups got bigger , we got models and make up artists involved and the biggest one consisted of over 50 people - yes there was an element of chaos and I did live on diet Coke all day and buzzed all evening! 


So they became more structured and I ran 2 at the amazing Victoria Baths in Manchester which were true highlights of the year for me, I also ran them at the Farm in Lydiate where I was based last Summer.


So whats the point of them? I always say that there is no formal tuition on the  Walkabouts - I am certainly not a Photography Tutor but I am pretty good at the basics, I know that people have gained so much from attending the Walkabouts - its a stress free day, a play day with your camera, the chance to work with experienced models and make up artists - all you need to do is turn up and shoot! I always make sure that the groups are small enough that you are not elbowing your way through to get a shot and in the past we have even had a 'Newbies' group  of people who have not done very much portrait photography - will a little bit of hand holding at the start to give them the confidence through the day. I love it when I get home and the images start appearing on Facebook - to know that people have gained confidence and had a great time is a huge bonus of the day 


So the next Walkabout is on Sunday 27th May - its going to be held at Camp and Furnace in Liverpool - an industrial location where Google have held a launch in the past - the extra benefit of this location is that the cost of the Walkabout includes Sunday Lunch! And we have dresses supplied by Andrea from Petticoats - a - Plenty - gorgeous Vintage style Wedding Dresses 


Let me answer the questions that I am always asked .... The cost of the day is just £75 and this covers the cost of the venue etc and also includes a roast dinner!


Yes you can use the images from the day for your portfolio/ website etc


Yes there will be experienced photographers there for you to pick their brains!


Yes you do need to have a little experience to come along - BUT it is really more important for you to have a real interest in photography and enthusiasm to come and have a go!


Heres some images from previous Walkabouts just to whet your appetite













If you would like to book a place - drop me a message with your e mail jo@jorutherfordphotography.co.uk - or find me on Facebook - just look for Jo Rutherford Photography


See you soon!!!!




Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Jo Rutherford Photography
CoffeeShop Designs