Monday 7 May 2012

A little bit of Vintage and a purple hat


I spent yesterday with Lisa, a friend and a fellow photographer so you can imagine how much chatting went on ....especially about geeky camera stuff....plenty of coffee was also consumed and plans were made fore some great personal projects this year. I love the chance to work with other photographers, I may be an only child but sometimes I can share and play well with others! Personal projects and play days are great, no pressure, a chance to practice new skills and bounce ideas off each other

So we booked a great model - Carla - who is very experienced and absolutely lovely - and headed off for the afternoon in the sunshine. Now, I have lots and lots of props and plenty of them came in the car with us but the purple hat was pounced on by Carla and I am surprised it didn't end up in her bag at the end of the day!!!


So what did I get out of this, I tried new poses, used the available light in different ways, played with shadows, used pieces of material to diffuse the light and make it softer, everything I tried taught me something that I can use when I am photographing my lovely clients and will help me to be a better photographer.

So here are the results - click on any of the images to see them bigger

Thank you to Carla for being patient, professional and amazing to photograph and to Lisa for being a good friend and bringing great coffee....which you left behind so will be enjoyed by me this week!!!!














Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

2 comments:

Jen Brook said...

PRETTY! Well done Jo, favourites are the ones holding the case walking :)

Lisa DD said...

Jo, it was an amazing day and I can't wait to do it again! You have some fantastic images here, I think my fave is the one where the wind has caught Carla's hair. You're very welcome to the coffee... there's plenty more where that came from :)

Post a Comment

 
© Jo Rutherford Photography
CoffeeShop Designs